If you’re struggling with winter sniffles, you may well be craving the heat of chilli and the fresh sunshine-infused tastes of the East. This tasty Thai-inspired broth will warm you right up.
1 bottle (230g) Roots Collective Asian Sling
2 small raw chicken breast fillets or 200g tofu (diced into 15ml pieces)
400ml can light coconut milk
2 spring onions (roughly-chopped)
200g mixed oriental-style vegetables eg. tenderstem broccoli, babycorn (cut in half), mangetout, baby pak choi leaves
1 fresh red chilli (thinly-sliced)
30ml (2 tablespoons) vegetable oil
Brown rice to serve
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- In a wok or large saucepan heat the vegetable oil on a medium heat.
- Add the chicken or tofu and fry for approximately 3-4 minutes until cooked.
- Now add the chilli and vegetables and heat gently.
- Add the Roots Collective Asian sling and coconut milk and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and stir.
- Serve in large bowls over the brown rice.
Roots Collective’s Top Tip
Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
About Roots Collective
Roots Collective has launched the UK’s first and only range of whole vegetable blends that can be drunk or eaten hot or cold. You can drink them as a nutritious smoothie or use them as a sauce or soup base in cooking. The Asian Sling Blend is a 81% vegetable blend of yellow peppers, carrot, spinach, lemongrass and coriander. Honey, coconut milk and avocado combine with red chilli and lime zest for a zingy base for Thai dishes or stir fries.
Price: £2.95 for 230g